Frequently asked questions
What does a Midwife Cost?
At Heartbeat Midwifery, our goal is not to enrich ourselves but to enrich our community by making midwifery care accessible. As such, we are the top rated and most competitively priced Birth Center in West Texas.
Do you Accept Insurance?
Heartbeat Midwifery is the only Birth Center in Lubbock to include Insurance Billing with a Specialist in our standard package price. We are able to accept many insurance carriers as an out-of-network provider.
Are you able to provide Early Gender Tests?
Yes! We are set up through Peekaboo to provide gender reveal test results within a few days. All you need to do is call for an appointment at the Birth Center.
A taxi cab
The sidewalk just outside the hospital door
In the shower (turned the shower off just in time!)
USA - Texas, Pennsylvania, Idaho
What Services do you Provide?
Consultation and Interview: Heartbeat Midwifery offers a free meet and greet which gives you the opportunity to see if we are a good fit for you during your pregnancy and delivery.
Included in Service Package:
- Insurance Guidance and Billing through an Insurance Billing Specialist
- Pregnancy & Nutritional counseling
- Birth Education Classes
- Access to lending library
- Normal Business hours availability for all questions & concerns
- 24 hour availability of a midwife for urgent concerns
- Prenatal visits (average 12) & Postpartum visits (average 5)
- Routine lab work including OB Panel, Glucose, Iron Levels
- Medical supplies and medication necessary during delivery
- Herbal Bath for mother and baby
- Newborn eye prophylaxis, vitamin K injection, & newborn screening
- Breastfeeding Support with a Certified Lactation Specialist
- Use of a Birth Pool for home birth (hose not included)
Additional Services Not Included in Package:
- Non-routine lab work
- Ultrasounds ($145)
- Nitrous Oxide ($225)
- Postpartum Pap Smear ($55)
- Placenta Encapsulation ($150 for current clients)
- Peekaboo Early Gender Reveal ($129)
- RhoGAM ($120 each)
Do you provide options for pain relief during labor?
From Our Clients
I honestly don't even know if I can put into words my gratitude for you, your guidance & support through this pregnancy, labor & birth. You are the epitome of what a midwife should be. I will truly forever be thankful for you.
Katlin Johnson &